Monday, March 14, 2011

Traffic Cone Orange

Orange has to be my least favorite color... don't know why.   But somehow, it's not so bad with the fabric scraps in the center.  (The rocket ship scrap is from a stuffed rocket ship I made for my youngest grandson and was also used in his H-block quilt!)



I hesitated about using the blue with orange flowers fabric but thought: What the heck!  ...and I think it looks nice!


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

All my little girls came over to visit today and we made St. Paddy pretzels.  Of course, the one photo that wasn't fuzzy was the one with them acting silly...


We had a great time... and I sent all the pretzels home with them!   I'm sure their mother really appreciated that... *lol*


 

8 comments:

  1. "Sugar 'em up and send 'em home!" That's a grandmother's priveledge :-) I love the orange - it reminds me of sunshine and creamsicle orange is a very popular indoor paint color in northern Europe, where it's so gray outdoors alot of the time. It can rather cheer a person up! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like they had loads of fun. How wonderful to be able to spend time with your granddaughters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost forgot - I really like the orange creation. Very vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love orange. Actually, I can't think of a color I don't love.

    Those girls look like they are having a big time! I bet you had green sprinkles all over the kitchen! (so worth it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much fun did you have? I love it when the grandkids come over and I can make stuff with them. They are getting to the age where they want to "help" and we do things like this too.

    The orange is wonderful! It looks great with the blue and orange...I like the last one too..pink or fushia, that was cute too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orange is a difficult color for me too, but I think yours looks beautiful. I like the blue with it too! Girls look so darling!! Sweet that you made all those fun pretzels together. Look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue is opposite on the color wheel from orange. Opposites always work well together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this orange square! I am partial to orange, though. I love the little rocket, too.

    ReplyDelete