Monday, March 21, 2011

Something I Can Do

The videos and photos from Japan bring home the suffering of the Japanese people after surviving both an earthquake and the resulting tsunami.... and who are now facing the worry of a possible nuclear meltdown.  Horrifying, devastating, life-altering... the loss of life, of homes, of communities.  I can't begin to imagine.  How helpless I feel... what can one person do?



Bonnie of Quiltville! posted about a drive to send quilts to Japan for those who are without heat, electricity, and even homes.  Quilters Newletter in CO will be the collecting site for donated quilts to be shipped to Patchwork Tsushin in Tokyo, who will distribute the quilts to those in need.  If you'd like to donate a quilt, the mailing address and instructions are on Bonnie's blog.



I felt an urge to join in but time is of the essence but I'm not in the position to whip up a quilt in a week or two.  Then, I saw a comment on Bonnie's blog from Beth of Love Laugh Quilt who is asking for 8.5" double four-patch blocks.  Beth will collect the blocks and make a quilt to donate!  (Instructions for making the blocks are on Beth's blog.)

Beth, the angel who will be making the quilt


Well, shoot... I can make a few blocks!  So I did! 



Beth emailed me her snail mail address and the blocks will go out in the post this morning.






2 comments:

  1. Devastating is right. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for doing your part! It feels good to do something tangible doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete