All but one of the Kona solids (eggplant/plum) I ordered for Bottled Rainbows Quilt Along were waiting on the doorstep for me yesterday afternoon when I got home from work...
So beautiful... I have to agree with Crystal of Sonnet of the Moon that the tangerine is really HUNTER ORANGE... or traffic-cone orange. It IS bright... but who cares?
I spread out all the solids on the bed and then started playing with my bottled rainbow scraps...
I'm leaving after work today to drive to Greensboro for a work-related conference on Friday. Due to the State budget crisis, which I'm sure is not unique to NC, a conference in Greensboro is deemed "close enough" to drive there and back in one day... so no funds provided for hotel rooms the night before. However, I'm driving up tonight because someone is smoking something weird to think that I can:
- get up at 0-dark-hundred,
- drive two hours to downtown Greensboro,
- find the parking deck,
- then find the conference center before 8:30,
- sit through a day-long conference,
- be reasonably alert at said conference,
- make it outta town during rush hour traffic,
- drive two hours home...
- and make it back here safely.
This way I can get a good night's rest and not worry so much about being late.
And on Saturday... I can play with fabric!