Saturday, March 19, 2011

Complete: Lilac Hill Quilt Top

Between quilts, I forget just how long it takes to sew on borders... and so, I was up later last night than I had planned finishing the quilt top.  I waited til this morning to take a couple of photos hoping that the morning light would result in more "true to life" colors.


Started during the January FNSI and finished last night, the quilt top turned out as I hoped.


I'll make the backing today and then pack everything up for a trip to my LAQ over Spring Break (only a week away now!).

Another great FNSI....  looking forward to blog hopping and seeing what everyone accomplished last night!


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Just found out about a great GIVE-AWAY and wanted to share.... Sunshower Quilts has an AccuQuilt GO! Baby up for grabs along with three dies of your choice!





...and there are FOUR chances for you to win!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~




18 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The quilt top is beautiful!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks great and I love the colors. I know what you mean about borders. It takes me a long time with borders too. I forget how long it takes to put a border on until I'm working on them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee for your great finish! It is so pretty, and the little extra effort on a "not plain" border sets it off well ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt turned out beautiful. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite a Friday Night Sew In Finish!!! The quilt is beautiful. I love it. If its that gorgeous before quilting, just imagine what it will be like afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's quite a Friday Night Sew In Finish!!! The quilt is beautiful. I love it. If its that gorgeous before quilting, just imagine what it will be like afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt top is gorgeous! I love the rich colors. Great job!

    Horray for another productive FNSI!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours you used for this beauty of a quilt. It is such fun sewing along with all these people you've never met before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd say you have a very productive FNSI. The quilt looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a colourful quilt you've made... very nice! Aren't FNSI's fantastic for getting things DoNe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great finish for FNSI. I love the colours, it's turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your borders! It turned out beautifully! Congrats on a great FNSI!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing looking quilt top. I love the lilacs!

    ReplyDelete