Saturday, July 16, 2011

Quilting Finished


I finished quilting the blue-and-white Kaleidoscope quilt yesterday afternoon.  It was a good feeling...

I sewed a line on each side of the vertical and horizontal seams that connected the blocks together.


Then, I sewed a line that zigzagged across and down the white diamonds, only on the white fabric...



....crossing at the intersection of the points by stitching in the ditch.  It took two passes of stitching for each row of diamonds.



I'm pleased the way the quilting turned out...


...and will work on the binding tomorrow!



13 comments:

  1. Looks good to me! Do you use a special kind of thread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful Freda.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a quilting finish!! I hope the binding goes quickly too. Your backing fabric is perfect for the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. It turned out so nice. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed, job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with the quilting. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, I like your backing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, you must have worked very hard to finish it so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!! I love all the intersceting lines!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks awesome! I think the straight line quilting perfectly complimented he top! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! I still haven't even pin basted my kaleidascope quilt. When I do, I will do the free motion that I usually do. I like your style of quilting on this one.

    ReplyDelete