Saturday, July 23, 2011

FNSI: Kaleidoscope QAL Finish!

Last evening, I finished sewing down the binding on the Kaleidoscope quilt.  I used strips cut from the three darkest prints used for the top.



This quilt was made as part of the Kaleidoscope QAL hosted by Elizabeth of Don't Call Me Betsy.  QAL participants will be posting photos of their finished Kaleidoscope quilts as they are finished.... so pop on over and admire the lovely quilts!


It never ceases to amaze me that the same exact quilt pattern, made with different fabrics, can turn out so very different from each other!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Three beautiful quilts and a table runner have gone missing from the C&T Publishers booth at this spring's quilt market in Salt Lake City.  



SewCalGal has blogged about the missing quilts and has asked to help get the word out in hopes these quilts turn up somewhere.


C&T Publishers are offering a $4000 reward for the return of these quilts... no questions asked.  Reward for the return of one quilt will be based on the appraised value of the quilt. 


Check out their website for further information.



17 comments:

  1. And another one finished and just as gorgeous as the rest you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your finish!
    What beautiful missing quilts. If I had made one of those I would be heartsick! Here's hoping they are recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the FNSI!

    I missed it this month. I guess summer isn't my best time for sewing, although with this heat, I will be staying in more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful finish! I totally agree about how so many quilters can make the same pattern but obtain such different looks. It always amazes and inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! The results of KQAL are so interesting, seeing what each person has created from one pattern. I'll get back to sewing this week (once the heat breaks), and adding borders to mine and quilting.

    How sad to have quilts taken. An event that is usually happy turned to heartbreak... I hope they are quickly returned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Kaleidescope quilt is stunning, with so much movement. When you see a full length picture of the quilt just dances. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaleidscopes are great and you are right, depending on the color scheme, they look like completely different designs.
    This FNSI has been a blast. I actually got some blocks completed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kaleidoscope quilt came out simply beautiful. And that's one of the things I love about any kind of sewing; the same pattern can look completely different depending on the fabric chosen.

    Those quilts that went missing are works of art and I hope they recover them soon. How devastating it must be to those who spent long hours and such care making them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kaleidescope is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great FNSI,your quilt top is fantastic.I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply stunning!
    I had heard about the missing quilts -- it makes one heartsick to think they could "disappear". Hopefully, they will be found soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your quilt,same on those that have stolen hope they get them back

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning outcome!!

    I can't believe someone would steal a quilt,let alone 3!!! Really disappointing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blue and white is just marvelous! It reminds me of my favorite china. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt.
    I really like how it came out. You certainly are using your vacation time productively.
    Can't wait to see your next finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely kaleidoscope! Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your kaleidoscope finish! It looks fabulous! I love the limited color palette, I think it looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete