The advantage in not being too good a housekeeper is
that your guests are so pleased to feel how very much better they are.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
I had several requests for the decluttering and organizing blog posts that D.J. sent me... and I'm happy to share.
- Handy Dandy House Cleaning Notebook - A great idea imho!
- 40 Bag / 40 Day Challenge - I put this right into play. Two days decluttering for me = 4 big black trash bags out to the trash!
- Projects - Scroll down to "Organization"
Even though I read the blog posts Wednesday afternoon, there are a number of points that have stuck with me and will be used in my attempt at whipping the house into shape!
- It's easier to clean an uncluttered surface (kitchen or bathroom counters, top of dresser, etc.) than a cluttered surface.
- A cluttered house didn't happen overnight and decluttering will take longer than just one day.
- Decluttering is not just taking stuff out of the house but also giving serious thought to what you bring into it.
My house may never be this decluttered but it is something I can work toward!