Sunday, July 3, 2011

Civil War Block: Irish Chain

This week's block was an easy one... and I got to use one of the shirtings that my Blog-land Angel sent me!



Although not shamrock green, I thought the green fabrics were appropriate for an Irish chain block.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'm having a wee bit of trouble waiting for next Thursday's Kaleidoscope QAL instructions to be posted.  The blues are so my cuppa tea that I want to play with them some more!


Any bets that I can wait til this coming Thursday to start sewing blocks together?


7 comments:

  1. I love your Irish Chain block with the flower center, and your blog-land angel shirting fabric is perfect for the rectangle pieces. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely block, I like the little flower in the cente.I'm curous if you can wait so long, I don't think so *LOL*
    Roos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great CW block!

    Confession: I sewed together 2 of the QAL blocks...(blushing)

    I figured I would go ahead a sew a few together and then see what I could have done easier and better when I see the next instructions.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been anxious to keep on stitching, so I can imagine you puttering around the house, trying NOT to stitch these blocks together! *wink*

    But if you cave, please share photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Irish Chain block. It has always been one of my favorites.You get such a nice pattern for so little work!
    I know I wouldn't be able to wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice use of greens with your Irish Chain. Hope to get mine done today. Another quilt-a-long I found today is at Pleasant Home, make a Bow Tie a day with this years scraps. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love those blues! They remind me of pretty dishes.

    ReplyDelete