So surprised to have finished the binding on Friday night, I just pottered around yesterday and worked on a few things that needed doing. Tried my hand at making a pot holder / hot pad and found that sewing through all the batting was a bit of a challenge even with a walking foot. I do like how the hot pad turned out and used leftover binding strips from the quilt.
After auditioning fabrics for the inner border of the pink and white double 4-patch quilt, I finally decided on one... and worked on figuring out the proportions of the flowers in the border. That was a bit of a challenge because I didn't want to end up with odd measurements such as 1.667" or worse. I plan to get the pink border sewn on today and start working on sewing together the "flowers" for the border.
March is almost upon us and I also need to do some math to figure out how much fabric I will need for the borders of the Lilac Hill quilt top. I understand that the fabric line pre-cuts have been very popular and don't want to miss out on my first choices when the yardage becomes available!
But first... another refill on the coffee... *lol*