Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bottling Rainbows


Rachel from Stitched in Color  stores her small fabric scraps in jars, a good organizational strategy and decorative as well.


Yesterday, Mariliz of Mariliz' Musings bottled hers yesterday in preparation for the upcoming quilt along...



Needing to clear my cutting table of all the scraps from the mug rug marathon and, borrowing from both Rachel and Mariliz, I decided to bring in some quart canning jars from the garage and bottle these small scraps instead of putting them back into the drawers of the scrap bins.  Once that was done, I went through the bins and fished out all the small scraps and bottled them too.




Turns out I don’t think I’ll be too short of fabric scraps for my rainbow quilt top… but you never know.  I may just have to pick up a few more to make some of the squares work…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Crystal of Sonnet of the Moon has already completed her lime block.  Doesn't it look great?



 Crystal used pinked edges, which another option! 



11 comments:

  1. Love the idea of a bottled rainbow. Can't wait to see your first quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scraps look great...I need a few scraps to do the project, but I'm gonna hit up a few friends. Looking forward to starting this . project

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bottled rainbows are so pretty. I, unfortunately, do not have the flat surface for glass (yikes!) bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The bottled rainbows are so pretty and cheery!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I managed to get my scraps corralled into one container and I was whipped! Yours are beautiful and useful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scraps looking so pretty in the glass jars and the sunshine - very springy! I adore the lime block with pinked edges....very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's try this without the typos!!


    I like your bottled fabrics too! I don't have time for another project but I've always loved mosaic quilts so I might use the idea for my postcards in March.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fabric stashes organized in the Ball/Mason jars is not only practical it's downright charming! What a genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all this bottled happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good! I can't wait to see your first block!

    ReplyDelete