Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Houston...We Have Flowers!

The math worked out over the weekend, it was time to try making a flower to see if my calculations worked... and they did!  I cut out all the segments and made eight flowers... 


They look a bit large to me so I will spread out the quilt top on the floor with the flowers around it before I make any more.

Yes, it's another mug rug...


Yesterday, a new blog friend asked how many mug rugs I had...  and I said that I had a couple.   I've mailed out eight as gifts and four have gone to a coworker as a house warming present.  Twelve will go out today in the school system's courier mail to other coworkers. 

This time of the school year is our "busy season"...  add to that the stress from the current State budget crisis and the underlying worry about whether or not we'll have jobs come fall. 

I thought my coworkers could use a little something to help brighten their day.

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing to do! Your quilt looks like it's going to be stunning when it has the flower border on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilt is coming along! It's going to be stunning! Love the newest mug rug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy girl. It is wonderful that you sending out little gifts, I'm sure they really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, it's looking fabulous, dawling!!! I love it and love that pink. I like your newest mug rug too. That is so sweet to send these as gifties to your teacher comrades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the pink quilt with the border. It's very sweet.
    I must try my hand at some official mug rugs. Over the years I've used my little quilt practice sandwiches next to my machine for my coffee cups. I finally realized that they are MUG RUGS!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty quilt. I just found you, and it is amazing that we can now learn quilt from the internet. So sweet of you to send out those mug rugs - it is so worrisome to think about keeping our jobs with the ecomony and the budget crisis. God does care for us - as we can see from thought actions such as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Giving mug rugs to your coworkers is such a caring gesture! Very thoughtful.
    The quilt is going to be so pretty.♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being in a school system myself, I can really appreciate that your gifts will be well received. That was very thoughtful of you. Blessings, Mary Ann from Rocknquilts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your mug rug! The fabrics are fantastic! I don't know why, but it makes me think of Hawaii:)

    I think it's lovely that you are giving co-workers a little smile in their mailboxes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must make some mug rugs! That's something I haven't done yet. I think some springified ones would cheer up my coworkers too. I could put a tag on them that says happy Spring. I have looked at all the ones you have been making and also looking up tutorials for them. Maybe I'll get some done and post pictures some time soon.

    ReplyDelete