Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's All Mariliz' Fault....


It's not like I don't have two quilts in progress to work on and my first BOM to begin... but Mariliz, a new blogging friend, told me about the Bottled Rainbows Quilt Along.  I checked it out and was immediately intrigued.   Fabric + color = what's not to like?





When I saw the sample block, I knew this would be PERFECT for all those itty-bitty fabric scraps in the bins under my cutting table...  you know, the ones so tiny that I felt I was stupid to save but just couldn't throw them out?





This project also uses a washable "school" glue stick, which I've not used before when quilting!   There will be scrap swaps to help folks accumulate a sufficient variety of each color to complete the blocks.  What fun!


I understand that the start date has been pushed back to the 2nd week in March in order for folks to get their Kona solids (ordered mine last night).   One block per week for 16 weeks and then sew the blocks together in June.


Yup, it's all Mariliz' fault that I'm starting another quilt when I have three in the works already....  but I'm so glad she let me know about this quilt along!  Thanks, Mariliz!



2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm doing a little happy dance over here!! I'm so happy you joined, it will be so much fun, and we will think of each other whenever we use our quilts : )

    ReplyDelete