Sunday, January 30, 2011

Reuse/repurpose

When I started quilting, House Dragon helped by telling me all about she organizes her quilting things and I certainly used some of those ideas.  However, HD has special boxes for projects and I wasn’t sure I wanted a bunch o’ boxes, especially since the computer/sewing room is so small and already has too much in it!

My LQS, Linderella’s Quilt Works, uses beautiful translucent shopping bags and I didn’t want to throw them away. So, I started using them to store fabrics together as well as completed blocks.

…and decided to hang them up rather than stack them, since the bags tended to slide off each other.


It’s so easy to move the fabric bags on the rod and find what I’m looking for… and I like not spending money on storage.  I’d rather spend it on more fabric!



4 comments:

  1. Very cool idea, and I bet you could even use the open curtain hooks rather than the hangers to decrease the bulk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I'm sure this concept would make it easier to see what you have on hand. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea! I love the recycling benefit and saving money too! Plus, you can keep everything visible. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I use a map but you can sea whats in the bag.

    ReplyDelete