Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Jelly Roll 1600 Finish


I finished the quilting yesterday and made a run to the LQS to find some binding...



...there were several options but this one was the winner hands down!


The blue print has a yellow-green print with touches of purple and goes perfectly with all the wild colors in this bali pop assortment.

   
 
Like the thread, the binding fabric pulled all the colors together and I'm quite pleased with how this quilt has turned out.



The quilt is now in the wash and will go to it's new home this afternoon...  it's for my SIL's birthday, which is this coming week.  Yes!  I got it finished ahead of time... be impressed!


This is the penultimate quilt of my "everyone in my family is going to have a quilt" project.  I have just one more to go... for my youngest nephew.


While I was at the LQS, I also picked up a fat quarter of this fabric... don't know why.  It just appealed to me and made me smile...





9 comments:

  1. The birds look like the start of a youngest nephew quilt...
    Love the Jelly Roll finished. Cute binding!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Freda, the jelly roll quilt turned out fantabulous!!! Great choice of binding and I'm not even a batik fan!! Great job!! That little fat quarter makes me smile too!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt Freda.........
    And the fat quarter is very cute !

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun and colorful quilt! I am sure it will be enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific quilt. love the wavy stitches you used for the quilting. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt! Love the colors, wavy stitches, binding, batik fabrics. Your family members will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilt and also the new fat quarter.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful finish, Freda! The colors are very tropical to me, and even quilting looks like waves on a tropical shore. That is a great binding choice.
    Those birds look like the happy cousins of the "Angry Birds". : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt is just beautiful, Freda. I bet your SIL will love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete