Sunday, March 30, 2014

Zipper Pouch / Bag, v.5


I had some batik scraps left from a QAL that I couldn't bear to toss and decided to use them in a zipper bag.


Definitely labor intensive sewing all those squares together... didn't have enough of anything to strip piece.  Most of the fabrics were just 2" wide.  I didn't have a complete row on the bottom because I would be cutting the corners off to have a boxed bottom.


I even put a pocket in!


Because I used squares for the outside and didn't want to have partial squares, this zipper bag is a bit taller than the others.... but I like it!




6 comments:

  1. I like it, too. Very pretty!
    Are you going to keep going until you run out of zippers? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love squares, batiks, and your cute little bag. Wow. You are going to be ready for Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's not to like? It's gorgeous!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fabulous, Freda. I love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one thing about these little zippered bags... you can make them pretty much any size to suit the fabric you're using. And that way too, when you're giving them as gifts, each person is getting something a little different. I am loving seeing all your different fabrics you're using for them.

    ReplyDelete