Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Little Nostalgia



Once upon a St. Paddy's Day eve, a little blonde girl was upset.  She didn't have anything green to wear the next day and didn't want to get pinched at school.   So her mom made her a shamrock from green crochet thread... no pattern, just free-handed it... and pinned it to her shirt in the morning. Little blonde girl wore it several years for St. Paddy's Day but the shamrock always lived in her mom's dresser drawer.


That was 30 yrs ago and it's still in my drawer... however, my daughter says she wants her shamrock back...

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet story. Thank you for sharing it and a picture of the cute little shamrock : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good Mom!! Love the story, Freda!
    I can't believe I forgot to wear green today--and we usually make a big deal of the holiday around here. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shamrock and I love it's backstory. Happy if belated, St Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely story, Freda. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt bit behind the lovely (pinch saving) crocheted shamrock. A memory piece, for sure.
    Thanks for sharing the story.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story. I'm surprised you haven't made shamrocks for all of the grandchildren.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet story. I have one of those shamrocks too but I used a pattern and it's in my jewelry box instead of my drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this story - reminded me of my mom - you're the best!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete