Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The JL Quilt Sandwich


I figure its pretty boring for my lovely readers to watch me finish UFOs instead of getting into all sorts of mischief by starting new quilts.   Well, this blog keeps me honest... if I say I'm going to finish my UFOs...by jingo, I better get them finished!


Due to a no-sun Sunday, the best I could do is take photos on the top inside...


For the back, I selected this fabric...


The little roses are shades of rose but the background is more golden tan than this picture looks on my monitor.... and a couple of shades lighter then the "ladder" fabric on the front.



12 comments:

  1. A very appropriate backing. Are you doing some straight line quilting? I need to get mine quilted, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the backing fabric, the pictures of the quilt front really look as if you have cut out a whole heap of brown paper and laid it over the fabrics, I'm thinking that it is the way it's lit. I'm sure that once you get it quilted there are going to be some nice sunny days so you can get a really fantastic photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get inspired seeing someone finish up a UFO...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful backing Freda. last night I prepared 9 more blocks for the JL, so I can sew again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good Freda.
    Love the backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing your work!! Keep it up!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your choice for a backing, and it will make choices for bobbin and top threads easier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your choice of backing. Your dedication ("keeping honest")serves as an inspiration to me to start and finish a quilt and not have so many UFO's waiting around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your so productive Freda, love the quilt, top and back. You motivate me to finish my UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's coming out so well. The ladder really shines through.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto! Not boring - inspirational. Good job on the progress you are making in finishing your UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems like the prefect backing fabric to me!

    ReplyDelete