Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Finish!


One thing about smaller quilts is that everything goes so fast!  I chose simple "straight-line" quilting using the wavy stitch on my machine...


The backing was pieced and in keeping with the pinky goodness of the quilt top...


....and, after studying pink string quilt images online, I selected a pink fabric that would blend in with the pink busy-ness of the top.


After taking a trip through the washer and dryer and developing its crinkly softness, "Pinkalicious" will be off to stay with a good friend of mine!






18 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love pink and I love your pinkalicious quilt! Your friend is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't look for one day and then you have already another finish.
    It's gorgeous Freda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sure to make someone's day, Freda. So good of you to do this for your friend. It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that you have something planned for Friday night then

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty in pink.....
    One very quick quilt.
    Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That was fast! I need to remember that every quilt I make doesn't have to be queen size!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choice in backing and quilting motif. Your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That was fast! I love the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can forgive the lack of pom poms and bling bling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An early finish! It's a real beauty Freda; she will be tickled, um...pink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As I said before "Pretty in Pink." Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice! That was a fast one, but looks like you spent lots more time. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness you are fast... Love Pinkalicious! Thanks for sharing... it took some time to take the pictures and write.
    I've been 3 days on my Bingo card and it's only 10.5" x 13" and I've still got half the binding to handsew. What is your secret?
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous - Pinkalicious, someone is going to be very happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky friend - such a pretty quilt.
    Lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete