Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day


 

I'm not sure where June went but it was a busy one.  I  even drove up after work one evening to watch my youngest granddaughter play softball in an 8-under league.


 

I spent the three day weekends visiting kids and grandkids.  The girls and I worked on t-shirts for them to wear using color Sharpie markers and then using rubbing alcohol to get a water-color effect.


  

Each shirt was an experiment because I was using several tutorials found on Pinterest... but both turned out well, I think.




I found a calla lily blooming in the kids' yard and wanted to take a cool photo to show you all... but guess what I found in the middle of the calla lily???



It was special to see the quilts I made for the girls on their beds... soft and snuggly, keeping my babies warm and cozy at night.


I also had a good time visiting with the kids in Wilmington, taking them the pillows I'd made for them.... which were immediately appropriated by the grandkids to watch TV.


Even Gussie the Sweet and Adorable wanted to get into the picture taking act!


Hated to leave but worked called.  However, the Goodyear blimp (in town for the US Open) welcomed me back home.



My last day of work was this past Monday and I've been moving flat out since then.  I'm having a bunch o' yard work done (think:  "mature" shrubs) as well as doing some painting (front door and deck).  There's so much I can't get done when I'm working that I'll be busy this entire month.  I'll need a vacation to recover from my vacation!

I hope you all have a safe and happy Independence Day!




7 comments:

  1. So glad to see you posting again. Looks like you were having a really good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear from you. Sorry you have to spend your vacation doing yard work--here's too cool days with no humidity to help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is that inside the calla lily? Or maybe I don't want to know. The tee shirts look great. You are a fun granny! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been a busy girl! Great T-shirts. : )
    Looks like an iridescent beetle in the lily--is it?
    Happy Fourth to you, Freda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful 4th. Hope you actually find time to enjoy your July break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your marker projects turned out.
    And love the quilt on your granddaughter's bed.
    Have a wonderful 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad the quilts and pillows are being appreciated.

    Love that your granddaughter plays softball.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete