I had to make another Midi Bag for two reasons: 1) I can't make a tote for one sister and not the other, and 2) the pattern was too dang $$$ to just make one!
I used remnants from sister Carol's quilt; the fabric is Eclectic Garden by Jason Yenter for In the Beginning Fabrics. I also wanted to see if the pattern was any easier to understand the second time around. Not really... but knowing what I was getting into, I didn't have to refer to the pattern as often and actually looked at the remaining printed interfacing as much as I did the pattern.
What makes the tote "not intuitive" is the diagonal seam/construction... this is the inside of the lining once sewn together.
The seaming on the bottom is therefore "different" as well.
Photos or drawings like this in the pattern would have been helpful in visualizing how the tote goes together.
You can see the diagonal-ness in the lining as easily as the inside because I was using remnants and only had enough of two fabrics to cut two lining pieces... thus the mismatched lining! I used another small remnant to make the pocket.
I think this way... Carol will be able to find the pocket more easily too!
I had to piece the handles as well but I'm going to call it a design element!
Hope Carol likes it... she arrives tomorrow for the weekend!