Thursday, April 4, 2013

Star #4


This star presented its own challenges when it came to selecting the two fabrics... since nothing I had really "went" with the colors in the flowers... but I chose the lavender polka dot and like the way it turned out.


The four large stars aren't matchy-matchy but I like the differences.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I've had a couple of questions about the size of the blocks and the number of stars in this quilt pattern so... here is the information for all my curious followers....

  • 4 large star blocks, each 16.5", finishing at 16"
  • 16 small stars, each 8.5", finishing at 8"
  • each small star has a wonky "frame" of fabric strips bringing those 16 stars up to blocks measuring 16.5", finishing at 16"

The quilt is 64" x 80" when completed.    




10 comments:

  1. I love the look of this one, too! I am a polka dot lover, so I'm loving the dots! :) Looking forward to seeing all of the stars together. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I love the combination. I'm getting pretty excited to see these stars "playing together" in the quilt. They are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to see that lavender dot show up. It is just great with this fabric. My favorite block so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cheery block! Those dots really add to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice contrast in your star block, very spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stars are looking good. Can't wait to see it all together. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the combinations you are coming up with for this block! Very spring-y (even though it doesn't feel like spring today!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my favorite.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete