Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Finished Blocks


Not sure why chain-piecing is so calming for me...


...I just get into my zone and sew!


Same way with the chain-ironing...


...have a pile o' blocks in my lap...


...and press, press, press!


The hardest part was sorting the last strips....


...so that no one block had duplicate fabrics.


I tried not to have two dotted fabrics in a block... but it didn't work out.  


These are half of the 16 small star blocks.  Next up... arranging all 20 blocks on the design floor...  that should be fun!



12 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see all of the lovelies together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks Freda, I can't wait to see them all together on your 'designfloor'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing wrong with spots in the same block - I love me some spots! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt will be gorgeous! I love the fabrics and you are doing such a good job arranaging them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting excited to see the whole thing. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. It is looking so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking beautiful Freda, can't wait to see the finished top, I'm the same as you with chain piecing, it's kind of hypnotic I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love chain piecing too -- I try to organise my sewing so that I can chain piece as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really loving this quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also like to chain piece - everything is going together so well - and so quickly.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is calming, isn't it? I don't think those pretty fabrics hurt one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chain, chain, chain...chain of spools...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I find chain piecing very relaxing too. I also enjoy doing the handwork on bindings. Your blocks are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete