Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Small Stars to Blocks


I wasn't exactly looking forward to cutting all the strips to turn the 8.5" star blocks into 16.5" blocks to match the size of the large star blocks.   Sixteen star blocks times four strips of two different widths and three different lengths = sixty four strips.   It took me two hours...


I even pieced two sections to "make" fabric large enough for a strip....  because these prints are too pretty to waste in my humble opinion!  I am not going to throw out any useable scrap...


And because I tried using a much smaller ruler to cut the 2.5" strips...


...I needed that Nexcare tape to make a pressure bandage for my left index finger.   (See, Deborah?  You're not the only one to nick your finger when rotary cutting!)

Then it was time for some chain-piecing...


...which went pretty fast for the first two strips.


If it weren't for housework and work-work, I think this part would have gone faster.





8 comments:

  1. I think it is coming together beautifully, Freda!
    Sorry about your boo-boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are really cooking on this project. Awesome! I, too, have "tapered" my finger with the rotary cutter. I hope your finger is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty quilt..love the soft colors. I don't like rotary cutters ( a necessary evil for quilters). I have cut my finger a few times over the years...those cuts sting and I hope your cut heals quickly!
    Your quilt is beautiful.
    hugs
    beebee

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can injure her, but you can't keep a good quilter down. Quilt is lovely.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the ouchie! I hope you didn't bleed on anything vital! The quilt is coming along beautifully. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking good! you are making great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's going to be a perfect quilt for spring.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm lovin' these strip teasers.

    ReplyDelete