Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Robot Pants


Thanks for all the suggestions about sewing on this unusual fabric, which has a multi-directional stretch similar to t-shirt fabric.  It's heavy weight and not as slippery to work with as some fabrics I've used....  and it's probably used for dancer's outfits and such.


I used a ball-point needle; however, the walking foot caused a lot of skipped stitches.  I used the "0" foot that came with my machine and is the basic foot, good for both straight and zigzag stitches. I used a zigzag stitch and poly-cotton thread.


Need sunglasses?





8 comments:

  1. Glad it is you making those and not me, though I have done my share of challenging Halloween costumes in years past. The only Star Wars costume I ever made was Luke Skywalker. I got off easy on that one.
    Are you going to make a pair of these for yourself--great pajama pants, don't you think? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you deserve a gold star! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunglasses for sure!!
    Do they glow in the dark?? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are looking good! So, the fabric is okay to go through the machine? You don't need a teflon needle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so you, Freda! Let me guess they are for a grandchild's Halloween costume.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are secretly making these for yourself and are just saying they are for your granddaughter. (smile)

    ReplyDelete