Rocky Road to Kansas is a variation of Amethyst, which was the second block. Hmmm.... it will be a challenge to make these two blocks look differently than the first two.
If you remember I got BlockBase for my birthday (there was a special + free shipping)... so I decided to check this block out in this handy-dandy software.
I selected fabrics for the first block and used the measurements from BlockBase to cut the pieces and... oh my, the block went together so smoothly. Seams/corners matched mostly, no pulling of fabrics, lies flat, and is the right size exactly! Wooo hooo!
Then.... on to the block with the 1930s fabrics. I decided to piece the arms of the star and ended up using the templates from Amethyst. What a difference....
I had a time piecing this one.... and I'm sure you can see the lumpy block. In fact, one side of the block is noticeably smaller than the opposite side. However, I don't feel like taking it apart to day. I am recovering but it's time to go hold down the sofa for a bit and watch a movie.
I am pleased with the results from using measurements from BlockBase. No more downloading templates... I'll find that block in BB and use those measurements.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Heath update: I've turned a corner and am feeling better... and would estimate that I'm about where I was last Saturday afternoon/evening.... when I knew I was coming down with something. I can't say at this point if I will be up for work on Monday.... I'll just have to wait and see.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Thought I'd share this with you all... gave me a chuckle!