Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friday Night Sew In Report


Friday was a long, chilly day and I was very glad to get home.   After a nice bowl o' soup for dinner, I popped in a movie and curled up on the sofa and knitted away.  All the scarves I had knitted before Christmas were for gifts... so I decided to make me one.


This is the same simple drop stitch scarf that I made my sisters.  I love the variegated yarns... such pretty colors...


Despite being open and loose, the scarf is very warm and oh so drape-able!


Since Michael's had yarn on sale last weekend, I had a hard time picking just one skein....   so I picked TWO to make me scarves!


Last night, I finished off the darker scarf and started on the second...


Sewing Machine Report

I called yesterday afternoon when I got home.  The work is still not finished although I was assured the machine tech had started to work on it.  The lady said it would be finished the first of the week.






I told the lady that I would plan on picking it up next Saturday.  She seemed surprised that I work outside the home for pay and could not get to Raleigh before the shop closes at 5pm.

So.... I'll continue knitting and crocheting this coming week...


22 comments:

  1. quite productive evening for you. it is good you have other creative outlets beyond quilting - you've been waiting far too long for your machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that drop stitch pattern and have made several scarves from it. Love your variegated yarn versions! I tried it with an eyelash yarn but it was a bit too floofy even with the dropped stitches. I had to give it away because I was always ending up with floofy yarn bits in my mouth and it creeped me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors on your yarns. You have had a long break to get caught up on other things. Know your machine will be glad to get back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I ask you where you got the directions for the knitted scarf? Thanks, love your blog.
    Beryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMmmmm! Lovely scarves! I'm quite taken to the purple one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scarves--glad you are making some for you to enjoy.
    I don't understand retail businesses that close at 5:00 p.m. How are all of the other employed people out there supposed to shop there? Makes no sense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the choice of yarns for your scarves. Sorry to hear that you are still on hold regarding your machine. Thanks for aiming to FNSI. I participated for the first time. Nice to have a goal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are lucky that you are so talented and skilled in other areas of crafts so that you can make such beautiful scarves and other items while the machine is in the shop.

    The scarves are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter hand dyes yarn, but I can't afford her stuff! I do need a new winter cowl thing... maybe I'll break out the needles and dust them off....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is beautiful. I hope your machine gets fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Knitting, crocheting and counting down the days no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty scarves! And the drop stitch seems to go quick...it's a nice weave for our region's weather.
    Sorry you're still machineless; it's been a long wait :-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol, How dare you have a life?! I'm sorry it's taking so long to get your machine back. The scarves are beautiful, though. I do love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your scraves are lovely, hope you get your machine back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely scarves! I do want to learn to knit!

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the scarves and really like the brown going into turquoise, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Each of your scarves would be a lovely accent to an outfit. Beautiful job:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Crum on the sewing machine repair. What a disappointment!

    Your scarves are beautiful! I like your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your scarves are gorgeous! I love the variegated colors too. :o) Gorgeous. Hope you get your machine back soon, how frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Its nice to get chance to make something for yourself once in a while. Love both the yarns, but i have a weakness for variegated yarn

    ReplyDelete
  21. POOOR Sewing machine!!! Your scarves are lovely and it's great hat you are not wasting a minute of creative time.
    Saturday will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete