Thank you, Cathy at Big Lake Quilter, for presenting me with the Versatile Blogger Award. You’re a sweetheart!
There are a few rules to receiving the award:
Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
Tell 7 things about yourself that others might not know about you.
I have no idea what would be interesting to others but I’ll give it a go…
- I don’t watch television. I really don’t. I don’t have cable, satellite, or an antenna. The only time the television is turned on is to watch a movie while I’m hand-sewing or doing other needlework such as crochet. Shocking, huh?
- I like the gray in my hair!
- My current job is my “dream job.” The perfect job? No… it is a job after all!
- I love coconut anything!
- I make and can jams and jellies… and I’m semi-famous for my peach jam.
- I’m an introvert… I recharge/re-energize being by myself in a quiet environment.
- I will be 60 in August… not sure how that happened…. can someone explain it to me?
I would now like to pass this award to my newly discovered blogger friends.
Alycia of Alycia Quilts – Alycia is a long-arm quilter who donates her time and talent to quilt QOVs. She also makes some pretty cool quilts herself!
Cynthia of Sea of Glass – I met Cynthia back in my extreme young years and we’ve met up again via blogging. How cool is that! Not only does Cynthia make the most incredible glass beads and pendants, she uses vintage teacups to make a lot of cool stuff!
Debbie of Angel Scraps Quilting – A fellow North Carolinian, Debbie has a lovely garden(s) and I’m looking forward to seeing the zinnas swaying in the summer breeze underneath those cool birdhouses! She has been making a lot of lovely mug rugs and pairing them with matching mugs to give to friends.
Linda of Stray Stitches – I don’t know how Linda manages to do all the sewing she does because her blog posts are such well-researched, good reads… so much information about anything and everything under the sun (including give-aways) but also wonderful photos of her quilt-y stuff!
Mariliz of Mariliz’s Musings – Mariliz got me involved with the Bottled Rainbows QAL and has now become Technology Girl with her flip camera (I don’t even know what that is!). In addition to quilting, Mariliz is planning on being The Mama Hen to a whole bunch o’ baby chickens!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It's strawberry season in the Sandhills of NC... I'm enjoying it!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Very little sewing will happen today because my friend Deborah and are going on a little fabric acquisition road trip (i.e., F.A.R.T) to...
It seems that I don't have enough larger scraps to make the Kaleidoscope quilt.
Aw, geez... I have to buy MORE fabric!