Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Zipper Pouch Project



I think the only thing worse to me than having to go shopping for a new handbag is when the bra style you've worn for 20 years gets discontinued.  So... when baby sister gave me a new handbag for my birthday, I was excited.  Going from a tote style handbag with six interior pockets and an exterior pocket...  I needed to ponder on how I was going to organize stuff so it wouldn't be in one big jumble at the bottom.


I used batiks left over from other quilty projects but had to purchase a purple zipper to go with it.  Could have used another color but hey!  I like purple!


I weeded through everything in my tote since I won't need as much stuff as I did when I was working.  That will lighten the weight of what I need to carry everyday.


The zipper pouch (made from a tutorial by Noodlehead (link) that I used in past), the hardest part was figuring out how to shape a pocket to hold my inhaler.  The pouch is approximately 4.5" tall, 10" across at the top, and 3" deep at the bottom.


Since every store requires a "store card" to get sale prices these days, I hand-stitched a hook thingie to the seam on one side.  This way, I don't have to do a major search for those all the time.


I'm sure I'll need to shuffle stuff around as I become adjusted to a new handbag.  But ain't it cute???  Just 'cause I'm old, don't mean I am an old fuddy-duddy!




3 comments:

  1. Great idea, love the purple zipper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. A friend gave me a zippered pouch and it holds all the small bits that get lost at the bottom of any bag! This one is a great solution and I love the purple!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two thumbs up!! One is for the very fun, checkered zipper pouch, and the other is for choosing the purple zipper. :)
    No fuddy-duddies here. Just one smart lady!

    ReplyDelete