Monday, September 4, 2017

Mini Block



Blogging friends are the best... especially when they suggest QALs that you may enjoy. Earlier in the summer, Janet O. of Rogue Quilter (link) told me about the Temecula Quilt Company's Marvelous Mini Monday QAL (link).  The QAL ran for 12 weeks for 12 mini quilt blocks and looked irresistibly charming.


I've become somewhat overwhelmed with all the projects that need doing, including organizing all the stuff from my sewing room and getting it back in there so I can find everything.  So today, I decided to use the mini blocks as a reinforcer for clearing the dining room table and a folding table of sewing/quilting stuff and getting it back into the sewing room.


I have 2 small baskets of scrap 1800s fabrics from two other quilts so I don't have to purchase anything.  The blocks will go together to make a small table topper... hopefully, the "sew a mini block" incentive will help keep me on track with the swing room organizing.

Wish me luck!





1 comment:

  1. I hope it works for you, Freda. We can all use incentives now and then. :)
    I really like your first block. It should be fun to paw through those baskets to select fabrics for each block. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete