Friday, December 2, 2011

Sickle Variation


No story with this block... Sickle Variation... just that I like it and it gave me a chance to use some of the smaller remnants of which I seem to have a plethora...



The potential candidates for the sashing were awaiting me on the doorstep when I got home from work this afternoon... always a good thing to have new fabric to pet!


The stripe shirting is darker than I thought but I like it....  the blue is about what I thought it would be... and quite nice.  I think I would call Air Force blue...

This weekend, I'll get some of these two fabrics up on the wall and take photos.... and then ponder on it for a while.  It'll get figured out...
 




10 comments:

  1. You have been busy!! Another lovely block. A great way to use up small pieces. Looking forward to seeing your "ponderings" on the design wall!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of a ladder going up with the 4 patches, and the fabrics are so retro to me. I like that Air Force blue and look forward to seeing it with the blocks...I could change my vote, who knows, hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be interesting to see how the different fabrics work as sashing. I just looked back at the blocks on the wall, and my instinct is the shirting. But I think the blue will work as well. Have fun with your pondering. Your new blocks are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the mix of shirting tones.
    Looking forward to the next pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that American Blue fabric. What an accomplishment to be so near the finish on this quilt! It will be very rewarding, I'm sure, to have completed it. I am happy for all who did it, since I couldn't get out of the starting gate on it. : )
    (And I love the word "plethora"!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not every block needs a story to be beautiful. I wish you luck with your pondering ;o)
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Sickle Variation block is a new one to me. Looks like a good chance to use a lot of different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always find the best graphics! You are genius. Your quilting is pretty good too :-))))

    Can't wait to see you sashing auditions.

    ReplyDelete