Sunday, December 18, 2011

*great big sigh*


I was sewing along yesterday afternoon, making a flannel pillowcase to be a gift bag for one of my granddaughters when....  



You would be proud...  I did not pout and I did not cry.... I called  John, the sewing machine repair guy who takes care of my machine!


I was able to describe what was going on and John diagnosed it as a timing issue...



John could have taken care of this for me yesterday afternoon... but he is 1.5 hrs away and I have family visiting.


So....  I will send my machine home with the kids this afternoon and my dear son-in-law will take it to John on Tuesday.


I will drive up Wednesday to pick it up again....  which won't be too much of a burden because the sewing machine shop also carries lots and lots of beautiful fabric!!!


 Hopefully, I'll be up and running again on Thursday...






15 comments:

  1. No crying or pouting? Santa will be proud, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAH!!! I hate when that happens. Start shopping yard sales after the holidays to find a spare machine so you'll never have down time again. I found a sweet Featherweight on eBay a few years ago and have not regretted it for one minute.
    You are very lucky to have a SIL who will take it in for you.

    Once again I am in awe of your ability to find the perfect image online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pain in the ......
    I think you have been over working the poor thing.lol.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate ~ my machine has had the same problem, but the professional SMM fixed her right up! Good thing you have some hand sewing you can do while it's away. And those walls of fabric are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry...hope you have handwork to keep you stitching! Wish you lived closer and I could loan you a backup...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arg!! It's like Lucy ranking the football away from Charlie Brown--you suspect, er know, that when you need it most it goes ka-poot. There are upsides, of course. 1. It'll run like a champ when you get it back. 2. Good excuse to bake cookies instead of sewing. 3. You could make a matching red scarf with Tassles, so you and your grand could match... and so on.
    Breathe deeply now......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know a little project that needs no machine...... *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a PITA, you're so lucky that it will be fixed so quickly, I have to make an appointment !!! and then it takes 3 weeks to fix :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you were able to sort out a relatively speedy solution. If I take my machine to the LYS, it goes away on Friday and comes back the following Friday. That means, depending on when problems arise, I could, potentially, be without my machine for two weeks! And I live in the same city as the repairman!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about your machine problem. I hope you are up and running quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rats! I hate it when my machine needs a spa day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sewing machine is like a family pet: an important part of the family unit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd be crying! LOL! Hope it's an easy fix!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear John,

    Contrary to popular belief, I am NOT leaving you.

    Love, me

    (HRH Empress)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am quite proud of you... usually I call for wrangler man and break down crying.... so you are quite impressive my dear!!

    Enjoy your fabric trip when you pick up the healed machine.

    ReplyDelete