Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Christmas Clock is Ticking!


While not a Christmas gift, this quilt needs to be finished by New Year's Day so I can present it to my nephew at the extended family get together.    I need to mark the outside border so I can quilt a diamond pattern.


I plan to finish the quilting and get the binding sewn on so I can hand stitch the binding down this coming Friday evening, which is part 2 of this month's FNSI!


Hopefully by Saturday morning, I'll have another project crossed off my "to finish up this year" list.



9 comments:

  1. I've just read your "about me" and it seems we have much in common! I have been sewing for many years but am new to quilting! the thing I love about it most is my 25yo DD loves it too so we are learning together.
    I started following your blog because you are often the first to post on other blogs I read - especially Stitchin' Therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a project! A guy couldn't have a more loving aunt! I'm sure you'll git er done in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will indeed feel special.
    I love the quilt too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ticking??? It's like a drum at my house!!1 LOL!!! Can't wait to see your quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the look of this quilt (the colours and checked fabric), looking forward to seeing the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing! It was this quilt that got me motivated to start my Rocky Mountain Christmas--which still languishes on my design wall with 1/4 of the blocks unfinished.
    You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. From what I can see of the quilt, it looks like my very favorite kind. waiting to get a finished view.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could you hurry it up a little?!




    ;)

    ReplyDelete