(Okay, I'm going to try to post with the new Blogger interface thingie... let's see what happens!)
I've gotten a number of questions about the JL QAL and wanted to get everything down in one place!
1. We're going to be making Jacob's Ladder blocks. As many or as few as you would like to make. No quilt size or block size is specified. I will be using Bonnie Hunter's Florabunda instructions and using the measurements in her tutorial. (For the Cowabunga Florabunda, I used 3" strips rather than 2" strips because I didn't want to make a zillion blocks for a king-size quilt.)
Photo from Bonnie Hunter's Florabunda tutorial
2. You may use any fabrics you'd like to, preferably from your stash but... if you'd would like to purchase fabrics... or if you need to purchase a solid for the "ladders".... no big deal!
3: Start date: I'm planning on starting around the end of September or the first of October after I finish the Cowabunga Florabunda quilt top. If you'd like to start before that... or would like to start later... perfectly alright with me!
4. Time frame: There isn't one. I plan on making one block per week and... since I need 48 blocks... I'm figuring that I'll finish up by the end of next summer. We're rolling into the holiday time of the year and I'm certain we'll all miss a week here and there... but... that's the way things happen!
Custom clock from your quilt block at Heartstring Treasures
5. Flickr group: I have set up a Jacob's Ladder QAL group on Flickr so we can share photos and enjoy what everyone else is working on.
Photo from the Martha's Vineyard Museum
6. How do I sign up for the JL QAL? All you need to do is join the Jacob's Ladder QAL group on Flickr.
6. Purpose of JL QAL: To have fun, play with fabrics, share what we're doing, encourage others, etc.
No racing, no competition, no quilt police!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Quilting Bee" ornament by Jim Shore