Monday, September 30, 2013
As the quilt top has neared completion, I liked Block #1 less and less... so I decided on a redo.... sat down with my seam ripper, a cuppa coffee and disassembled the block. If I had enough fabric, I would have just started from scratch but I didn't... so... rip-it, rip-it, rip-it!
Remaining fabric is limited... so much so that I had to make fabric to get four 6" squares from the new back ground fabric.
Here's how Block #1 looked on the last mock-up I did...
The former background fabric was a soft, watery-looking beige/green batik.... but just too much light fabric when put with the others. I like the new block much better!