Thursday, November 3, 2011

Quilts of Valor


Alycia of AlyciaQuilts is a long-arm quilter and part of a Quilts of Valor project in Colorado.  


She and a group of quilters are providing quilts to the Warriors in Transition Battalion at Fort Carson Mountain Post in Colorado.  The battalion can house up to 775 wounded soldiers at one time.

Alycia delivers these quilts to the soldiers and veterans and often posts photos of these men and women with their quilts....  brings a tear to my eye every time. 





Unfortunately, the need for QOVs continues and Alycia and her group have run out of quilts to donate to the wounded soldiers coming into Fort Carson.... and so she has put out a call for any completed quilts so these wounded warriors can find comfort knowing that people care.


The quilts do not have to be red, white, and blue... or even have a patriotic theme.   Information about size range and other requirements are posted on Alycia's blog

If you can help out, I'm sure your donation will be greatly appreciated and loved.  If you're not able to help right now, I hope you'll consider this endeavor in the future.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had a completed quilt I could send. I hope to get to a point where I will have quilts on hand for such projects. I can squeeze in making blocks to donate, but I can barely get the quilts made that I have promised family and friends. I hope to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link. Now I need to find the blocks I did for the QOV I never finished. Hmmm. Wonder where I put them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which only begs the question: Is there such a thing as a 'short arm quilter'?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilts of Valor for returning soldiers is such a wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete