Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Off on a Swoon Adventure!


I've never liked the cutting-out part of any project whether it be something for someone to wear or cutting multiple pieces at one time for a quilt.  But for this Swoon project, there was no way to get around the amount of white background fabric that needs to be cut... so I bit the bullet and got it done.


In this photo, there are 234 squares/rectangles and 18 WOF sashing strips.  The prints I can cut as I make blocks but the white is ready to go.   Yea, me!






6 comments:

  1. Way to go! You have great cheerleaders, BTW.
    It is always hard for me, too, to just get it cut so it is ready to go. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, I love quilts made with this pattern. I made one for a friend with a turquoise background. Can't wait to see yours. Some unsolicited advice -make one block before you chain piece if you don't usually. As I think back, pressing directions aren't too great in this pattern. I made one block, figured out which way to press, and hung it above my ironing board. Less frustration with good results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently realized that my eyesight is getting bad enough that I should probably invest in a die cutter machine. All my recent cuttings are just fractionally off. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that feels great, Freda! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made 2 of these already one 16 block version and 1 9 block. I tried to cut the white the way you did but couldn't get more than 3 blocks done that way. I ended up doing the rest 1 at a time. Whoop, whoop for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a good incentive to get started. I just cut out a bunch of white triangles for a quilt I'm working on only to realize they are all 1/4' too small.

    ReplyDelete