Sunday, May 6, 2012

Fa La La La La


It's nice to think of winter and snow and chilly air when it's close to 90F outside and the air conditioning is running.... that what I was doing yesterday.  I've finished four blocks...


...and I'm enjoying working on something new!

During the Civil War BOW, I learned some creative pressing...


...to reduce bulk and lumpy intersections.   And, for this block, I'm "spinning" the center seams where the points intersect...

...which I hope you can see despite the fuzzy foto!

So... the weather outside is frightful but the air conditioning is so delightful!    Bring on that predicted rain!   I'm gonna be sewing....





11 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks Freda, I wish the sun was shining over here too, but it's to cold for the time of the year.
    I think I'm wearing a warm sweather today instead a summerblouse ;o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Freda!!
    How many are you making??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! your spinned seams are purty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these fabrics!!! We were 96 yesterday! I did a lot of quilting in the air conditioning too!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blocks look great in the Christmas fabric. Nice because it doesn't scream it, so you can have an all seasons quilt. Pressing like that makes a big difference in reducing bulk!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those went together fast and look terrific! I do like the subtlety of the holiday theme on these. If you recall, I learnt seam spinning from you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like it makes a huge difference in the bulk. Good job. Love the fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blocks and your spinning center is perfect also. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blocks. Perfect centers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't want to think of winter, and snow, and chilly air - I want the summer we didn't have! Right now it's grey, grey, grey, with the threat of rain, and as I sit here typing my knees are chilly and I need a lap rug even though I'm wearing track pants! Did I ever mention that I.hate.winter? (and it hasn't even started officially yet).

    ReplyDelete