Saturday, April 30, 2011

Thoughts on a Saturday Morning


After I make a run to the farmers market for local strawberries and whatever else looks good, I think I need to stop finding a zillion other things to do rather than pin basting this flimsy.  

Do you see any pins in the fabric?  Neither do I...   *tsk tsk*   Bad me!


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm glad I began blogging if for no other reason (see above) than the kind people I've met virtually...   like Cathy from Big Lake Quilter who brightened my Friday when I found a squishy in the mail when I came home from work.  

Not only a lovely, personalized card... but the perfect little bag to carry my needle book and a small project to work on. 


Thank you, Cathy!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Finally, there has been some discussion in these parts about why we should be so fascinated about a royal wedding across the big pond.  Well, I think that... whether we believe in fairy tales or not...  we would all like to believe in "...happily ever after."

My best wishes to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!

5 comments:

  1. Do you realy think that putting the pins on the top they will go in it by themselves?
    And what a cute little bag you've got in your mail.
    Roos

    ReplyDelete
  2. S'alright- you need the strawberries for energy. You'll fly through the pinning (and quilting, too!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like the bag. Your quilt is going to be so beautiful when done....Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After seeing the wedding and tornado damage on the split screen, and going to a fantastic local quilt show, I realized how blessed I am.

    Blessings on you and yours--and don't stab yourself too often with the pins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use basting spray.
    Yes. There's something about the phrase, 'And they lived happily ever after,' that makes you smile.

    ReplyDelete