Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring in a Box


I'm off work this week for Spring Break... and it's been one cold, dreary, and wet week.  Hard to believe it's the last day of March and it's 42 degrees out.  *shiver*

Went out to lunch with a long-time friend and then to her (and her hubby's) new 100 yr old house they're remodeling.  What fun to see the new addition and all the work that's been accomplished and talking about her decorating and gardening plans... so exciting!

There were tulips and daffodils and pansies throughout their new neighborhood.. so cheerful and spring-like... but it was drizzling rain and oh so chilly.  Driving home, I thought about what needed doing around the house and what I could do to brighten up such a dreary day.... to my surprise, a day-brightener was awaiting me on the front porch.

Yes, the mail carrier had left two packages for me!   And yes, I opened them right away!



And since we all know that fabric has to breathe, I just had to unwrap it... and touch it... and pat it...


An Amy Butler Soul Blossoms FQ bundle... and coordinating solids...  yes, indeed.  Suddenly, the day was MUCH brighter!

11 comments:

  1. Ah, you've been bitten by those lovely Soul Blossoms, what fun to have a fat quarter stack! I'll be watching with interest....
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to touch that fabric, too! That's a whole lot of Amy Butler. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just know there you will turn that fabric into beautiful quilts and/or other projects.

    The temperatures are going up, but don't let the wind blow you away today and tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just know there you will turn that fabric into beautiful quilts and/or other projects.

    The temperatures are going up, but don't let the wind blow you away today and tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful spring colors! These should be a joy to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Happy April Fool's Day to you!! :-) Gorgeous fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious what you are going to use it fot, another beautiful project.....;0))
    Roos

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be curious to see what you do with these, I find it challenging to use solids with prints.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Soul Blossoms line are very bright and cheery, a perfect pick me up for a cold and dreary week. I would have been touching and patting and possibly rolling around in them too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! You did a good job shopping for that fabric. I CANNOT wait to see what you create with that.

    ReplyDelete