Saturday, June 16, 2018

Quilty goodness



One of the younger members of a knit/crochet group I belong to is expecting in early August and we're all making things for her.  Since this isn't her first child, she doesn't need much and the rest of the group is knitting or crocheting things for her... so I decided to make a quilt to put on the floor for tummy time.


I challenged myself to use only stash... and I did!  The flannel squares, cut from yardage to make crib sheets, needed to be trimmed to 8" and went together quickly, although random-looking placement was a bit of a challenge.  I was worried about doing meander quilting since it's been a while... but it came back quickly.  Not perfect but looks good to me!  

Another project I just had to try was water balloons (link)!  I've become concerned about the amount of plastics being dumped around the world and am doing small things to reduce my plastic consumption such as not using plastic straws at restaurants.  


The "balloons," soaked in a bucket of water, will be fun for the grandkids to chase each other with and, I think, will make for something to toss to them to catch as they jump into the pool.  The balloons can be washed and dried... or hung up to dry.  Quick and simple to make, it's a good project to keep my hands busy in the evening.

I've not been getting email notices of comments and need to get better about checking here more frequently.  Hope Blogger gets that bug fixed quickly.

Have sewing projects perking in the never-ending task of putting lots of fabric to good use.  It's good to be back to quilting tho...  I missed it more than I realized!



2 comments:

  1. Never heard of the water balloon concept before. Sounds like a great idea. Sweet little floor quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cute little "tummy-time" quilt.
    I haven't seen these water balloons, either. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete