Sunday, May 20, 2018

Still researching online and otherwise keeping busy



Well, it seems that nothing about breast cancer is cut and dried so the roller coaster continues even though the downhill parts aren't as frightening.


My doctor presented my case to a group of physicians who deal with breast cancer on a full-time basis and there is no clear consensus about where to go next.  I'm signed up for mammograms every six months for the next 3 yrs.  The discussion concerning additional treatment is still on the table and I will consult with an oncologist the latter part of June.  Online research continues and I've contacted a cousin on my father's side about hers and her mother's history of breast cancer.


I'm sharing information with my sisters and daughter so they won't be as in the dark as they make decisions regarding mammograms.  Hopefully, they won't ever need to use the information in any other way...


In the meantime, I'm staying busy with crafty-type projects and just blocked my Wonder Woman Wrap (crochet).  There is also a knitted version (link).

.

I've been crocheting for a while now but methinks the sewing bug has awoken from hibernation...  so I expect to be quilting shortly.  One must stay busy, yes?




7 comments:

  1. I wish you best of luck in finding out the information you need on breast cancer. I'm glad that the information you've been given and found on the internet is not overwhelming. The science and treatment has come so far and it will turn out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your situation and finding solid source of info. I understand how hard that is. Keeping up the spirits and staying busy is such a help. We will enjoy your return to stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you back to blogging and hopefully back to quilting. I'm trying to figure out if the reason we retire is so that we can take the time to take proper care of ourselves. Sounds like you are on top of your current health issues. Will include you and your continuing issue in my prayers. In the mean time I found that every time I've had a health issue, if I couldn't quilt, crocheting and knitting filled the need. Keep up the positive work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven’t been on blogger much, so missed your previous post. But I can say that you have been on mind a bunch the last couple of weeks. Know that I’ve lifted you up in prayer each time you come to mind!!

    Blessings my friend, you inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that they can come up with some good guidelines for your future, whether that involves further treatment, or not. You are doing a good thing to spread the word through your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending lots of big hugs and healing love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for wisdom and discernment for your docs!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete