Monday, January 2, 2017

Why I Quilt



My nephew-in-law posted this photo of his wife, my niece, the USCG helicopter pilot, after she got home from a long duty day on December 23rd, 2016.   It's cold in Alaska in December even if there is a roaring fire...


...and this is why I quilt.

I have one more "family quilt" to make... for my youngest nephew who will graduate from college in May.  I'm planning to use a Moda Marbles jelly roll in "Warm"...
..

...and will use Moda solid "Paper Bag" (seriously... the actual color of a paper bag) for the main color in a single Irish chain pattern.   Unless I get distracted by another pattern that seems to be calling my name... 



...but first, I need to clean/organize my sewing room!










9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year....quilts wrap you in hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I've really missed hearing from you. You've been in my thoughts. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Empress. It is so good to hear from you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Freda. It's good to see you posting! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be wonderful what ever you choose! And yep, that's why I quilt too! Nothing like snuggling under a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love to see your quilts being used! Happy New year...good luck with your next quilt. (I once painted a library room the color of paper bags! Goes with everything!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A picture is worth a thousand thank yous. Beautiful scrap quilt and obviously well received by your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Betty Lou. A picture says it all. Nothing makes me happier than seeing a family member bundled up in a quilt I made for them.

    ReplyDelete