Sunday, April 5, 2015

New Project: A Finish


I have to say that finishing up a wall hanging goes a lot faster than a quilt!   Sandwiching/pinning went smoothly as did the quilting.   Using blue painter's tape I marked lines to sew...


I used a grayed variegated thread (has soft yellows, blues, pinks, & gray and blended well, I thought) for the radiating lines and a dark green to outline the cross (stitch in the ditch).


The backing is leftover batik from the last quilt I finished and I did the corner-pockets thing to hold the sawed-off yard stick that will serve as a hanger.


The wall hanging is 21.5" wide and 42.5" long.


This quilt has taken on a life of its own.  The colors change with the available light, whether natural or artificial.... and as you look at it from different angles.  It's definitely greater than the sum of the parts.

I will give this to my son-in-law Jason on Easter Sunday.


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful--and I think you chose perfect quilting!
    Happy Easter, Freda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Janet. It's beautiful. Perfect quilting choice.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positively radiant! And the perfect day to gift it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positively radiant! And the perfect day to gift it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....you did an amazing job on this one.....the quilting is just right! It is so beautiful and your SIL will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Freda,

    Oh this is so beautiful, the perfect gift for Eastern.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Freda, what an absolutely wonderful treasure!! It is gorgeous!! What a great, great MIL you are!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it's simplicity and the beautiful colors. Perfect Easter gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, especially the fabric line you chose for it. I love how you quilted radiating lines from the cross.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, Freda. The perfect gift! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is absolutely inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is stunning! And the radiating lines of quilting going out from the cross are perfect. He's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete