Friday, July 20, 2018

I was bad...



Yesterday, I was taking a friend to pick up her car at the dealership where it was getting serviced.  We had lunch first and decided to stop at Tuesday Morning (link) to browse.  Had no intention of buying anything but the store is fun to wander through and see what they have... never know what you'll find.


Now, I've sworn off buying fabric and am determined to shop my stash for projects; however, when I came across these, I stopped to look.  At first, I thought they were fat quarters but they "felt different" when I picked them up... upon further examination, I realized they were half-yard cuts.  And for $1.49, too!   

Love the prints, love the colors... and I've already cut them out to make four grocery bags for my daughter.



I love how strong these fabric bags are... last week during a grocery run, I got a gallon of water, a half-gallon of milk, a jar of spaghetti sauce and a box of saran wrap in one bag.  If bagged with plastic... you'd need two bags at least.... and I'd be worried that the corners of the saran wrap box would cut the plastic and I'd end up with a broken jar of spaghetti sauce on the concrete driveway.






3 comments:

  1. It is amazing what you can find in that store. I have found a few great deals on fabric when I can find the fabric. Those are such cute designs. Very upbeat for going shopping. I'm sure your daughter will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bought with a purpose, that should make it ok! Great find and love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some very fun fabrics--great find!
    Nice pairings to make the grocery bags. And at that price, it is almost as if you DIDN'T buy any fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete