Thursday, March 27, 2014

Zipper Pouch / Bag, v.3


I am so enjoying these quick finishes... no matter how frustrated I am or how tired I am after work...  a little fabric therapy is good fer what ails ye!


I've been pondering about the best way to put in a pocket that wouldn't be beyond the corners of the bottom nor extend into the bottom of the bag....  


A little measuring and I came up with this size and sewed the pocket to the lining after getting the zipper sewn in.  This allowed me to get the pocket placed where I wanted it to go.  Next time I will make the pocket a bit smaller.  


It's been fun playing with remnants and making these small bags.  Kinda nice seeing them all together!


Not sure I'm going to be able to give up the birdie bag tho...   *lol*





12 comments:

  1. I love your zipper pouches Freda and I'm a little bit jealous on those quick finishes.
    Maby, some day, I will be best friends with my sewing machine ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous pouch, Freda. Love the pocket inside too. Pure genius! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out so cute.....great job. And love the birdies too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW girlfriend, you are whipping them out like no other!! And they are absolutely darling!! The birdies are pretty darn cute!!! Way to go!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three down......how many to go ?
    They look great Freda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aha--this time I really do see a pocket!!
    Actually THIS one is MY favorite, so go ahead and keep the birdies. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, yes, a little stitching soothes the weary soul. What school worker isn't dragging during March? I'm needing a new zipper bag for my purse. Maybe I'll search out some cute prints, yours are so much fun!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're really on a roll making these pouches. That stamp fabric is such fun! And you'll be so far ahead of the game when gift giving season comes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so smart looking! Once I get this big quilt off the machine, I'll try this out. Imma lil skeert to tackle something with a zipper that small...made a pillow cover with one, but it was big enough to handle easily. Love you lil bags!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute! Thanks for the inside pocket tip. They will be difficult to part with, I'm sure, but will definitely be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great bags = you are right in keeping the bird one. great fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These bags are so cool! I've always avoided projects with zippers. They fall in the same category as y seams and curves.

    ReplyDelete