Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Finish!


I was able to finish up the last of the borders on the Aiming for Accuracy QAL last night.  I have to say that, even though this is not my usual cuppa tea, I do like how it turned out.


My typical lousy photography but it was dark out when I finished the last border and so there was no option but turn on all the lights and go for it.    I also had to jerry-rig an extension to hold up the right side since the top is longer than my design wall.   Can we say painters tape and a 12" ruler...  can you see the blue tape peeking out?



14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Freda. It's beyond fabulous. Well done you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finish is amazing!!! Necessity is the mother of invention - and yours is priceless!! LOL It accomplished what you needed!!

    I love you 16 patch blocks!! I plan on doing some with the half yard cuts of some fabric I bought a year or so ago - loved it just didn't know what to do with it! You've outlined the perfect project!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous finish! It is so pretty and it glows, too. I am trying to imagine how much better it looks in person! Thanks for sharing, I really needed some quilty distraction right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be so pleased with this finish, Freda. I have tried to put into words the ethereal quality of these fabrics, but I haven't felt I have done them justice. This top is beautiful!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very cool. I really really like it. Congrats on a great finish!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Freda! Love the colors and the blocks! Congratulations on a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific finish. It's a wonderful collection of blocks and color choices. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful design, love all the colors! Well done gf!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! and good idea for the extension. The colors are amazing. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking quilt, what a fun pattern to assemble,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning quilt, brilliant work, bravo

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a really beautiful quilt.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete