Thursday, May 16, 2013

No, I've not fallen off the face of the earth....


...but I am in the home stretch to the end of the school year.  16 more "kid days" left!   Wooo hooo!  Things have been hectic and I'm having a retirement dinner at my house for a coworker this coming Saturday.   

 

We like to give little gifts to retirees so I snuck around behind Mary's back and called her DH about what she might like.  According to her husband, Mary would like to play softball in retirement!

So....  I went online and found these gifts for her...



Hard to see, I know...  I'm such a lousy photographer!   The cap reads "Peace Love Softball"...  the mug reads "Don't let the cuteness fool you... I play softball!"   I think you can read the shirt okay...


Someday soon, I'll have time to sew again...



 



16 comments:

  1. Cute! I imagine the end of the school year is very hectic. I know you will be glad when the kids are on summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever gifts for a wannabe softball player.
    Glad to know you are still with us--the edge of the earth can come upon you quite suddenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the gifts and I think your coworker will too.
    Greetings Roos

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed you! I am not even involved with a school or school kids, but I can't wait until May is over, either. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You picked such great gifts for her! We have missed you, and will wait for your splendid return when your schedule clears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gifts you found for your co-worker. She sounds like a fun person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute gifts for your friend. Hooray, summer fun is on it's way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun shirt! Wishing you all the steam you need to power through to the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. When my sis retired I made her a clock that had words instead of numbers on it. Words like Dream, Nap, Sew, and Whatever. She loved it.
    Love the softball gifts, especially the shirt. You did good!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your clock idea is the greatest. I'm going to have to remember that for a gift for someone...

      Delete
  10. Those are great gifts, Freda. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hurray for summer! I have 11 days to go. Good luck on the last stretch. I love your gifts--very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm very glad you haven't fallen off the face of the earth.........
    Just love that clock.....and can't wait until I can have one.....lol.....but I guess I will have to wait 20 years.
    Love the T-Shirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great gifts. Have to love anyone who wants to play softball when she retires.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your choice of presents -- so appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Busy time of the year for those working in education--very thoughtful of you to be kind and generous to your co worker

    ReplyDelete