Sunday, February 10, 2013

Trying to regain my mojo...


Determined to get back into sewing mode, I pulled out my pinks/purples scrap bin and dove in...


...and ended up with this:


I wish I had used some red fabrics but I don't think it turned out too poorly.   Just need to figure out how to make a hanger for it.


Thanks to Cindy Sharp who created L.O.V.E. Mini Quilt Sampler Quilt for Moda Bake Shop  who inspired me to jump back into sewing again....   


No, I didn't attempt the reverse applique... I chickened out and used fusible to do the letters.   And it wasn't my weekend to download and print stuff... was out of ink...  so I drew out the letters myself.   And then... PhotoBucket decided to "force" the upgrade I've been avoiding and I had to attempt the learn the new photo editing stuff.    *phooey*

But here's a photo of my youngest grandson with his "furry neck warmer"....  aka grandpuppy Gussie!   That made me smile! 

 


15 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back picking up fabric. Was wondering how you were. The little mini is very cute. I use cafe curtain rings with a clip to hang mine. Recently saw a hint about using the removable 3M stick up hangers----use the clear wire clip style and the binding of the mini will slip right into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice mini quilt....perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your version better than the original! Great job getting back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back in the sewing room. Grandson's fur scarf is the best, just the paws might get a little scratchy. I finished my D9P top, did you see it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good way to get back in the swing... That is next on my list. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like JoAnne above me, I prefer your version to the original! Puppy scraves are the best kind! Lovely and cosy and tickly too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That mini quilt is so sweet and pretty. You did a great job. I love those pink strips. I've been organizing my strips by size, next will be by color.

    I think we all need a break from sewing/quilting now and then. I went through a prolonged stretch recently of not being able to sew or do anything but the necessities and finally have gotten my "mojo" back.

    Love the fur grandpuppy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Love. I think it looks adorable in pinks. Check out Ami Simmer AAQI webpage for how she hangs those little quilts with triangles and a chopsticks. Easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute photo of the grandson!

    Love your mini - be sure to leave a message on Cindy's blog (Tops to Treasures) to let her know you've made one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you found something that motivated you to sew. Very cute little Valentine quiltlet.
    What a fun photo of grandson and furry friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute grandson. Sweet puppy scarf.
    Love your pink fabrics! And pink LOVE mini : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's pink ! so I just have to like it........
    I'm not sure who is more comfortable....your gorgeous grandson or the dog.....a definite photo for the album.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a perfect neck warmer - and the Love hanging is perfect, too.
    Lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done! Love your mini...and the puppy scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think your quilt is adorable. It's great that you are finding your mojo again. Sometimes I just go pet and sort fabric and inspiration will hit. Is that the same GS you knitted the red scarf for? He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete