Saturday, July 7, 2012

Planning


While sewing together the hourglass blocks...

 
my mind has begun to look ahead to the next project and plan for...


Barbara Brackman's next BOW:  To Recall the Fight for Women's Rights.


I miss the weekly Civil War blocks and I'm looking forward to having a new block posted each Saturday morning (beginning this fall)... but after three quilts with 1800s reproduction fabrics, I wanted to choose something different.  


I've been slowly collecting 1930s reproduction fabrics....  yesterday, I picked up a couple more.   For some reason, I was very short of pinks and fabrics with white backgrounds.


Greens were short as well but I picked up a couple more.  

I'm trying to come up with a layout so I can assemble the blocks as I go, like Pip (of Rest is Not Idleness) does.

Photo blatantly swiped from Pip's blog!

I wonder if I can be that organized?   So...  a little planning is called for...
















13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are going to do the BOW. I enjoyed seeing your blocks each week. Also, I feel encouraged to know that I'm not the only person who has a brain that processes in that order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colorful mind. I, too, love 30's prints. Can't wait to see your endeavor.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the hourglass come together~ colors look nicely balanced. And what pretty small print fabrics all nice and laid out for the BOW. Like you, I'm always thinking and planning for my next project(s); I have several drawn out on paper. Oh, your brain label is terrific...I'm especially fond of the housework lobe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that brain. The only thing that bothered me was the housework bit - I think it's a wee bit too big! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hourglass blocks are looking marvelous! Wow! I, too, am considering that block of the week. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hourglass blocks are breeding :) the quilt is starting to take shape now. I'm looking forward to the BOW as well, I can see there are going to be some fabulous looking blocks appearing in the future. I'm leaning towards repro fabrics for my quilt, but haven't really decided yet, love the brain, I'm sure that's what mine looks like :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hourglass blocks are wonderful! I love the sprinkling of red throughout. Just enough to give a spark to the quilt without overpowering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just knew your brain was a rare and wonderful place.

    Love your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...you have accomplished so much. I love completing one and planning the next too. It is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the brain pic Freda! 1930's fabric is so cute and playful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that kind of planning - and the pizza underpinning it all is very important! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the 1930s fabrics and will be checking in to see how your quilt turns out.
    Lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, another blogger making the new Barbara Brackman BOW. I will be as well, using some of Barbara's William Morris inspired fabric. Sitting in a box waiting for me. Will be checking out your 1930's version as we go along.

    ReplyDelete