Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Gears


Yes!  The gears to replace the worn out ones on my Bernina have come in!  


Finally...

I say "finally" because I have the feeling the gears have been there for a while but no one called me to let me know....  which is important because I brought my barely working machine home before Christmas so I could finish up a couple of small projects. 



The shop owner did an excellent customer service spiel...   

"... blah blah... holidays... blah blah... closed for inventory...  blah blah blah... work backed up... blah-dee-blah-blah..."   

...but, I'm not sure how that negates the fact that I was not called when the gears came in.

Anyhoo...  a friend and are making a road trip this morning to take my precious Bernina to have her gears replaced...  and do a little fabric shopping and lunching out...


I can live with that!



13 comments:

  1. They goofed....the least they can do is own up to it! So glad you will be getting the machine fixed...enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be getting back a long lost child when you finally get the machine back. Hope it won't be much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! Enjoy your day with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo Hoo! Have a wonderful day. How long did they say it would take to put the new gears in and get your machine back to you? I would hope they make this a priority since they messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo, doesn't that just chap your hide?
    Well, make up for it when you go shopping. A little fabric therapy goes a long way. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just have to let it go, the main thing is that the gears are there and you will have your machine working again, and you will be able to sew :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippee! the gears are in! You gave me a good chuckle Freda. I know you enjoyed your road trip...now some show and tell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Were you able to bring your machine home with the new gears? I hope so. It's been a long wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finaly...and when can you take your Bernina home ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to see this news. Hope the Bernina is home and working well - that will make all the aggravation worthwile.

    ReplyDelete